Joe Teplitz, Principal Consulting Analyst
Joe Teplitz has over 30 years experience in consulting, analysis and management services focused on large corporate transformations including M&A, divestitures, new product roll-outs, major conversions, and geographic expansion. Areas of specialty include:
- Merger Integration and Transformation Management – including significant work on a number of the global financial services “mega-mergers”
- Strategy – large corporate transformation, organizational design, and business growth strategy
- Business/IT alignment – IT governance, IT portfolio management, and metrics
- Business Process – in-house, outsourced, and off shore
- Large Program Management – PMO, operational risk identification and escalation, readiness assessment
He was formerly Senior Managing Partner and lead Gartner Consulting’s North American Financial Services and Healthcare Payer practice.
Prior to that, as a partner at Andersen, Joe was head of the Global Financial Services M&A practice and the New York banking industry program.
Other background includes Managing Mellon Bank’s Datacenter Service Bureau, which provided outsourced technology and operations for 400 client banks.
- Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- IT program management
- IT operations excellence
Recently Published Research
Why Large Technical Programs Fail and How to Mitigate Risk
- The fundamentals of large program failure
- Establishing accurate value or payback mechanisms for programs
- Instilling discipline into the process to reduce risk
- Key success factors and metrics to achieve large program success