Jill Phillips, J.D., Principal Consulting Analyst
Jill Phillips is considered one of the top privacy experts in the world having built and led successful privacy programs at three of the largest companies in the world. Jill was most recently Chief Privacy Officer for General Motors, responsible for overseeing GM’s global enterprise-wide data privacy program. Previously, Jill was the Global Privacy Manager for Chevron, where she established Chevron’s privacy program. Prior to that, she was the consumer marketing attorney and first Global Privacy Officer for Dell. Her interest in privacy began in the late 1990’s when she was e-commerce senior counsel at Ford Motor Company.
A graduate of Wayne State University Law School in Detroit, Michigan, where she was the Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review, she is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), a board member of the RIM (Responsible Information Management) Council and a frequent lecturer and panelist in the area of global data protection.
- Data governance and architectures
Recently Published Research
Privacy Beyond Compliance
- The relationship between privacy-related sunk costs and overall enterprise information system integrity
- The value of looking at privacy issues through the broader enterprise risk lens
- The opportunity to convert privacy costs into positive business outcomes
- The value of focusing on socio-technical system reliability
- Integrating privacy costs into the overall enterprise risk planning